Tuesday 10 March 2009

A Bit of Bird Photography














This week, with the weather being pretty awful, I decided to give the golf course and underwater photography a miss. I had heard, however, that a new bird hide had opened just up the road so off I went with the 400mm f2.8 L IS, 1D MkIIn, 1.4X converter and a tripod to shoot some birds. Sadly the marshes were just a little too far away for any great shots of birds there. However, there were a couple of feeders in the hedgerow to the side of the hide and these were attracting a few nice finches, including the Gold Finch (above). These beautiful little birds were really taking advantage of the free food on offer.

The light was not particularly strong so I rigged up a 580EX on a remote trigger and took some shots of the birds rooting about on the floor for food, like this Dunnock, (above). I have always been interested in taking more bird photographs and with this hide just around the corner, I can see myself spending a lot more time down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment